Monday 14 July 2014

My Hometown Culinary Trip part 3

Ready for tonight's topic? Sit back and relax. Because I would like to tell you one of my favorite snacks in Pontianak, chai kue.

Chai kue (in my mother tongue, it is called "choi pan") is Chinese snack which its skin is made from a mixture of rice flour and tapioca. Its contents are various, there are yam, beans, chives (kuchai) and taro. Chai kue can be cooked by steaming or frying. Steamed chai kue usually has semicircular shape and fried chai kue has circle shape. It usually served with fried garlic and eaten with soy chilly sauce.




Nah, at this time, I am going to talk about Chaikue Siam A-Hin. Please watch my video with my friend at this food stall first.


For more details, lets see some pictures below this :

steamed chai kue

fried chai kue

detail fried 'yam' chai kue

detail fried 'kuchai' chai kue

detail fried "beans" chai kue

the sour chilly sauce

siomay

Besides chaikue, this place also provides siomay (shrimp and chicken) and steamed ko kue. For the price, steamed chaikue is IDR 1200/piece, fried chaikue is IDR 2000/piece and siomay is IDR 2000/piece. Normally, 10 pieces/person is enough.

food over

 after finished our meal, let us take a selfie first :p

Then, if you are looking for good size, good price and great taste chai kue, I recommend you to come this place and try the main menu of this food stall.


Picture source :
My harddisk :D

0 komentar:

Post a Comment